Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh, Herro

Well folks, here we are at the business end of another week. In order to get it going on the right foot, or perhaps to get it back on track if you didn't have the best of mondays, just let lil Simeon warm your heart with the pose to end all poses. Also, go ahead and treat your ears to some tunes as well. If you haven't done so yet, please (if you please) go download my mixtape-of-sorts Mushy Bananas, which is all music made by me. It's almost up to 20 downloads, which means I appreciate at least 19 of you, but the rest of you are not pulling your weight as friends of mine. So do me a favor, and help me feel a little bit of love over here in China.

Not much to tell from the last week. I dropped another minute off of my time up that mountain on my bike, which is putting me close to the winning time in a race that took place on the very same road last year. Also, I realize it doesn't take much for something to become my new favorite thing, but I have another, and this will remain right up there until it causes me serious bodily harm. And even if it does, it will probably maintain it's spot. This thing is: bombing down a mountain on a 15 pound bicycle. There is absolutely nothing like it. After watching professional riders do it for a few years now, I now know what it feels like to hit highway speeds on a bike. I think I beat the rest of the group down the mountain this week by at least a minute. I can't wait to do it again next week.

I got knocked on my ass by a little bout of food poisoning this weekend which held over to yesterday. Not the best start to the week, but it seems to be subsiding.

The Men's D3 Nationals Swim Meet is this weekend at the U of M pool. Having competed in this meet 3 times, it's been oh so sad for me to miss it for the last 2 years, especially this one since it's being held once again 15 minutes from my house. My former teammates have been swimming out of their minds this year and I can't wait to see what they can do this weekend. Word on the street is they might break some national records. I sure hope they do. It still makes me proud to know that I once swam with these guys and was able to hold my own before they mutated into the monsters that they are today. Go Oles.

I promise I'll try to start talking about more things than bikes here, since many of you probably couldn't care less about them, but I don't know how anyone could NOT find this hilarious:



I think 90% of us were all there at one point. For me it was probably much later in life than Jake there. Once again, credit for that video goes to Stevil over at HTATBL. I'll try and get on this thing later in the week and put up some more stuff that I would like for you to read about on the internets. It feels like I've been living in a hole all week, and I'm not exactly sure what's happening in the rest of the world. Alls I know is Beijing pretty much skipped spring altogether. Last week it was below freezing a couple times, today the high is 79, and tomrorow it's supposed to hit 80's. So in that vein, life is pretty grood. I mean good. And great. Great and good.

I'm out like the vapors.

No comments: