Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Girls

Merriweather Post Pavillion

The new Animal Collective album is pretty fantastic. If you've ever listened to them before and gone thought 'what the hell? this shit is way too weird for me' I suggest you give this album a listen. It's still strange, but in a lots-of-reverb-lots-of-vocals-beach-boys-make-a-cracked-out-electronic-album-in-2009 way. But all in all, I'd say it's by far their most listenable album all the way through. On my first time through it, there wasn't really a single track that stood out in any special way, but after listening to it the last couple of mornings I've really been diggin the single 'My Girls'. I've listened to it about 20 times in the last day or so. If'n you're still skeptical, check the video for My Girls below.




I doubt anybody will read this today, but it's friday here in Beijing, the weather is getting better everyday, I've been able to ride my bike every evening this week after school, and I'm looking forward to a pretty rad weekend. Now that I'm a working stiff, these two glorious days at the end of the week are my shining beacon (bacon?) of light at the end of the tunnel, and by the time I hit thursday I'm already jones'n for that saturday morning ride. Anywho, life is good here in the Orient and I hope you can say the same wherever you may be.

Chow

-B

No comments: