Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Check Me Out (part deux)

Update time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bike done broke but I fixed it. The new wheel that Mr Jeff Miracle Man Schiller built for me before I left the states got a lil outa wack but I got my hands on a spoke wrench and tightened that bad boy up. This may not seem like big news to you, but I've been on my bike once in the last 2 weeks because of this and now that it's fixed I'm a much happier camper.

I started taking Chinese lessons last night. My teacher doesn't speak english. The class consists of myself and one other dude from India (small world, huh? (that was a joke (kind of))). There are some instruments here, and I should be ordering more today or tomorrow, which means I should be teaching musical instruments by next week. yessssssssss.

I have a lot of pictures from my Golden Week vacation, but I don't have batteries and this means my camera won't turn on. So as soon as I remedy this problem I'll post some pics. I will also accompany pictures from Golden week with a post explaining what I did. It was kinda dope.

The food here is delicious.

I posted another podcast, but blogger.com took it down because it apparently violates copy write law (bump that). If you liked the last one, I think you'll enjoy this one as well. If you haven't downloaded the first one, check out the post below that starts in the Tamil language. There's a link to it there. If you would like the second podcast, send me an email (warehamentor@gmail.com) and I'll email you back the link sos you can download the biznas.

Lastly, but perhaps of the most important news I'll send home all year. Last week, at approximately 10:30pm Beijing time (9:30am in the twin cities) I accomplished something I may never accomplish again. A feat that is monumental, to say the least. You ready? I bowled a 245. I'll repeat that: 245. Swear to God. I threw 9 strikes and 3 spares. I did not leave one pin standing in 12 throws. 245. Don't believe me? Chew on this:


I must truly be a God among men. Also, I guess I'm now licensed to teach in the US. Sweet Sauce. Good thing I'm in China.

And I'm out,

-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good News!