Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Enter the WU

As per me, I've been letting this here blog float away from me while I try to come up with things to write about that might actually interest all y'alls. For the time being, there isn't tooooooo much, but I suppose I should give an update so that the next one doesn't reach the "epic proportion" category as did my emails last year.

I still don't have instruments. this is what many would call a "mega-bummer". It turns out that my $1000 budget is not enough (something I stressed a while ago) to buy nearly enough instruments to start a band. So now Luke has to go back through the trenches and ask his boss for more money and give me an answer in a couple weeks or so. Classes are still going. I'm getting through them. We just finished a unit on the food pyramids, something that is really interesting to go over with non-american kids, especially when most of the food that is referenced on the latest pyramid is American and doesn't include regular Korean snack foods like Seaweed. Music class is about the same. I did have an interesting meeting with the head of recruiting here who wants me to start a drumline (which is a-ok by me) and even said he'll take money out of his budget to make that happen. F-ing sweet.

I'm already on my first break of the school year. This week is Golden Week, which as far as I understand it means China celebrates China. I went to Forbidden City and Tianamin Square yesterday and both were packed. But now I've done it and I won't have to do it again. I'm going on a trip with about half of the students to the Shaolin Temple where I will see the birthplace of Kung Fu. I plan to ask them their opinion of Chuck Norris and whether or not they think the fight between him and Bruce Lee at the Colosseum in Rome in Enter the Dragon was a fair representation of their Martial Art, and if they think Bruce Lee really should have won (spoiler Alert!) I was also under the impression that I was going to get to ride a hover craft, but Our trip was supposed to leave on Monday and it did not, so now we have to cut some stuff from the trip and I heard that the hover craft ride was one of those things.

Anyways, I'm not feeling in good blogging form today, and I need to go pack, and grade some tests and junk. So until next time, here's a picture of me pretending to be a tourist.



Tootles.

No comments: