Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's the holiday robot of funk



Now that it's December I've busted out the Christmas jams.  Hell I'll admit it, I was in the mood for some Christmas Cheer and busted them out the day before Thanksgiving, but then promise I didn't touch them again until December.  Since it is officially "OK" to listen to Christmas music now I have made Y'all a special Christmas Edition Made In China podcast.  I look forward to this time of year off and on starting around September, not because of the presents but because of good Christmas music.  Let's face it, nothing can warm even the coldest heart quite like Nat King Cole singing The Christmas Song (Jack Frost toasting, or something like that).  I also love finding good remakes of Christmas songs and hearing NEW Christmas songs that fit the season AND stand alone as good music.  In this Christmas Special Edition of the Made In China Podcast series you can look forward to all of these things and more.  I've put in some old favorites with new spins, new favorites by old folks, some classics and even a few Jewish jawns (you're welcome, Plums & Rafi).  The line up includes the likes of NRBQ, Beck, John Lennon, The Band, Wynton Marsalis, and The Flaming Lips to name a few.  So check it out, this isn't your regular old Christmas mix.


Merry Holidays to all, and to all see you latro.

-B

No comments: