Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I have two great friends



Their names are Sarah Pumroy and Nichole Graf. Pictured above are the contents of the package I recieved from these two lovely ladies yesterday. As you can see, the box contained home made pumpkin bars, dead leaves from New York City (only about a quarter of the leaves are pictured), and a sick-ass drawing of a coulpe of 'pilgrimz' declaring deliciousness. Not pictured are the letters I recieved from each of them (because they're private mfers). This post will be short, the main point of it was to point out these two fantastic people and their thoughtful act (not to mention the chedder they spent on said package (shiz was expensive)). It's also to make the rest of you think "what have you done for me (ben) lately?" Nichole and Sarah sent me cookies. In China. This has catapaulted them to the top of my pile of friends, making them the collective queen of the mountain. Do you have what it takes to unseat them?

Second reason was to let y'all know that I have indeed finished another podcast. You can download it here:

Made in China Vol. 3

I've decided that the format for this and most podcasts is/will be music that I've been listening to. It's usually pretty eclectic (I like to change it up). This volume includes some Brazilian jams, Prince, Joy Division, Jake One, some funk/r&b revival, as well as nostalgiac and current indie rock. So check it out if you haven't already clicked on that link up yonder.

The third reason was to post this video from last nights episode of the Daily Show. I really didn't think that anything funny could come from the Mumbai attacks (which were really shitty to say the least). But I'll let John Oliver properly put it into perspective for the rest of us.



-B

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray!
I'm a fan.
cheers

Titkov said...

so brazilian tunes? i thought i was the only one. i also know how to do the roundhouse now

Jace said...

yo--that podcast's got some sick blends